It was yet another of those really hot sultry days, as I visited my aunt in Mandaveli, a very noisy crowded locale in Chennai. Succumbing to the unrelenting heat they dozed off. Old fashioned was the house, with its huge doorways, high roofs, large halls and most importantly a front porch with actual plants (not the decorative plastic excuses that people use). As I sat there chatting up my sister in law, a whiff of breeze blew across my face, carrying with it the sent of wet earth. It is an experience i can never quite do justice to, it feels like going back home, a familiarity a sort of joyous kinship with the earth, we Madrasis hold ever so dear. then it poured after playing taunt for a while, it finally poured and oh the relief, almost as if I was born again, with the land, the grass seemed greener, the wood darker, and as i sat at the steps outside the house staring at the brown bark, blue skies, and all things in between, my head buzzed with ecstatic joy and I began shooting... I had discovered an oasis of virgin land in the midst of a mayhem of blaring horns, racing bikes and concrete monstrosities.
 |
|
 |
| love the twirls..!
|
 |
| it was like the leaf got goose bumps
|
 |
| The ant wouldn't let me photograph it.. kept running away! |

Sitting there looking at the lemon tree all i could remember was the song "Lemon Tree" by savage garden.
 |
| Rain drops....! :) |
 |
| i love this snap...! |
 |
| Caterpillar Trails.. |
 |
| the omnipresent Mint! |
 |
| a exotic looking chiku ....
|
 |
| i do not know why but I love this snap.. its soo fresh |
 |
| i don't remember the last time i saw this....... |

Looks exotic doesn't it

the shy red bug.. don't know what exactly it is
Finally a proper shot

Forgive me, but i couldnot refrain from posting so many pictures...
Comments
Yes these pictures were shot with a Cannon Rebel T3.
Cheers!