The resolve…

I planned to go step by step,
Slowly, I began one by one,
And then it dawned …
That, this wasn’t enough
For one cannot step across a well
It’d have to be a leap.
But to survive, and live through
Through this modern mayhem,
A leap! Would barely make it...
So I’d soar-
Soar, beyond this endless race,
Soar, across to defy the odds
Soar, to defy my physical limits
To snap out of my cocooned self
To rise like the phoenix
Never to look back
And plunge into a life …..
Never to comprehend regret again!!

Comments

Unknown said…
good i like this
progress is soaring????
test said…
not nearly soaring
but ya im progressively getting lazier........
any way thanks!!!
;)
Uma Sripathi said…
Ur poetry is beautiful!! Really beautiful! I love the simile with the phoenix.. N the poem about the girl's soul - it had an impact on me! I read it thrice!
Had moist eyes!! Really good di..U should continue :D Now i'll continue mine.. I'm extremely boring or rather my essay writing is boring! I think i should stick to stories n poetry.. what say?? Anyway i'll update mine n let u know :)
test said…
sure thing.... thank you :)
Anonymous said…
Here's a limerick for you:

If not the king of poems, it surely is a poem for kings,
A balm sweeter than even when a nightingale sings,
Is this an uplifting genie,
Or the new Sarojini!!
Or maybe it is Red Bull, for you have given me wings.

Popular Posts